Posted by Ted
General and Safety Tips for Steam Cleaner
- Try to pre-clean such as vacuuming your carpet before cleaning.
- This will loosen dirt especially highly soiled surfaces and then prepare the steam cleaner with the manufacturer’s recommended soap.
2) Precaution Needed When Using Steam Cleaner
- Try not to use your steam cleaner near children or pets.
- Be careful of the high temperature steam and internal tank of boiling water.
3) Wear Rubber Gloves!
- If you want to be certain, rubber gloves can protect you against accidental steam blasts.
- Hold the nozzle at arm’s length and do not let it near your face!
- Even then, steam jet can bounce off surfaces and blow back so quick reflexes are a great help!
4) Point the Nozzle Away
- Always point the nozzle at a safe location BEFORE opening it.
- Hot water and steam can shoot out of the nozzle after it is closed for a few minutes before it is re-opened.
5) Start From the Corner
- Start from the corner and then work towards the hard floor.
- That way, you will not walk on the wet surfaces which has been cleaned already.
6) Move the Steam Cleaner Slowly
- Steam cleaners need to move much slower than a dry vacuum.
- Then your surface will be wet first so that your machine can suck up the dirt easily.
7) Give Time to Cool
- Let the steam cleaner cool (approximately 15 minutes minimum, it would be better to leave it overnight) before opening the boiler tank to refill.
- Patience is a virtue!
Think Before Steam Cleaning
- Common sense is a privilege when using steam to clean.
- Certain materials such as paint, plastic and glued on items (wallpaper, linoleum tiles and vinyl) can be damaged from the heat.
9) Use distilled water!
- To reduce build-up in the boiler and to ensure your boiler last as long as it can, distilled water is a better option.
- If in doubt, use plain bottled water.
- Additionally, never add any chemicals to the water!
10) Keep all parts clean!
- That’s common enough.
- Remember to drain the boiler inside the steam cleaner (minimum between two to four weeks).
- Best Steam cleaner – Main
- Best Steam Cleaners – My Top Picks
- How to Use Your Steam Cleaner
- Types of Steam Cleaners
- Why Do I Need A Steam Cleaner?
- WhiteWing Steamer – Best High End Home Steam Cleaner
More Related Posts: