Posted by Ted
Types of Steam Cleaners
There are basically four types of steam cleaners:
1. Traditional (Humid but Cool Steam) Cleaner
This type of steam cleaner can generate steam without boiling water. So, the steam will not be as hot but the steam will be more humid as it can hold more water.
The common apparatus included would be a boiler, container, hose and brushes. Note that this type of cleaner should be used to clean floors.
How is it used to clean? The warm water is spread on the dirty surface while the revolving brushes scrub the surface before the dirty water is collected into a container. This cleaner should mostly rely on steam and brushes to ensure thorough cleaning.
2. Vapor (Dry but Hot) Steam Cleaner
This type boils water usually above 260 degrees. The steam created would be very hot but it has a very low humidity steam, creating what people call, dry steam because the surface will dry as soon as it is cleaned.
The common apparatus included would be a container with a heater, a hose and a nozzle.
How is it used to clean? The water is boiled in the tank which then produces dry steam. The steam is looses the dirt and stains on the dirty surface through the hose and nozzle. Thereafter, the vacuum cleaner can aid the cleaning up of the surface.
We have tried and found that Shark Ultra Steam Blaster – S3325 is a good bet!
Vapor Steam Cleaner vs Traditional Cleaners
We pitted both type of cleaners against each other and after much deliberation with our customers, we have come to the conclusion as to why the advantages of vapor steam cleaner outweigh traditional cleaners!
Pros of Vapor Steam Cleaners
- Vapor steam cleaner leaves less moisture on the surface (great for carpets and allergic people).
- Less scrubbing since the extreme heat can sanitize the surface effectively.
- Little water needed to produce plenty of steam.
- Easy to clean ceilings.
- Safe (no use of chemicals).
3. Carpet Steam Vapor Cleaners
No more spending tons of money for a professional carpet cleaner! Just look for a high quality rug steam cleaner, and it should work as effectively as a professional carpet cleaner.
We found that steam cleaners like this are becoming very popular because they can do a very thorough job without much dampness afterwards. Even though carpets absorb water easily, vapor steam cleaner leaves very little moisture on the surface, meaning the carpet can be dry in no time!
4. Handheld Steam Cleaners (Portable)
As the name itself tells you, handheld steam cleaners have the advantage of being smaller and easier to carry around. Mind you, it is not just girls but guys as well who find this handheld steam cleaner useful! Why waste brawns when you have a machine to do your job?
Naturally, they will be less powerful than your regular steam cleaner but this type of steam cleaner is great for those on a budget and/or for those who only look to perform smaller jobs on smaller areas.
Take a look at Steam Fast SF-227.
My Steam Cleaner Reviews main page has more recommendations and reviews for various models of steam cleaners.
- Best Steam cleaner – Main
- McCulloch MC-1275 Heavy-duty Steam Cleaner – Best Budget Home Steam Cleaner
- WhiteWing Steamer – Best High End Home Steam Cleaner
- Ladybug XL 2300 – Commercial Steam Cleaner
- General and Safety Tips for Steam Cleaner
- Best Steam Cleaners – My Top Picks
More Related Posts: